Discussion Post# 5

Syed Shataj Hosain

Professor Shameca A. Harris

Discussion Post# 5 

13th May, 2020. 

Writing is an essential part of college life. Every student needs a strong writing skill in order to succeed in their college life and also it is the same for me too. Before starting my written assignments I try to understand my topic and brainstorm about it. So, it gets easier for me to write about the topic. Before I begin writing, I try to reach my readers through my writing. I try to illustrate my opinion and point of view to them. As I go through my writing process I learned that I need to understand my ability to write and express my ideas, thoughts and knowledge based on the topic. Also, I struggle to put my thoughts about what to write and how to organize it properly which improves day by day as I keep going with new assignments. I think I successfully developed my writing process over this semester by doing different types of assignments. I tried my best to explore my thoughts, research and communicate with the readers to fulfill the purpose of the given task. It took me some time to understand and develop strategies for reading, drafting, collaborating, revising and also editing to make assignments. As time passed I think I was able to understand my mistakes which helps me to do better each time. I have surely improved a lot from the beginning. I do not have the highest grade on my papers but I know I have improved my writing skills. I began the semester with little to no organisation when it comes to writing but I feel more confident and able to understand that my writing becomes clearer and easier to follow through.

Comments ( 3 )

1. Milton Isaiah Rivera
    I agree that this course is making me better at organizing my thoughts, and while I am not achieving the best grade I can since I've been procrastinating, I still feel like I'm on my way to becoming a better writer. Writing is a process, so it doesn't have to be perfect the first time and normally you will need to reorganize your thoughts throughout the essay; this is something I learned when writing essay #2.
  2. Olivia Davila
    I also have trouble organizing my thoughts and ideas. I agree with you when you said that doing different assignments helps me become better at it.
  3. Elizabeth Cayetano
    For someone who also struggle to organize her thoughts, I do agree that brainstorming about your topic is a good way to start and it lessens the amount of workload you have to do when writing.