Post #4

Mohammed Hossain

Shamecca Harris

English

3-25-20

Privilege is a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group.For example, in this country education is your right, not privilege unlike in the countries where you have to pay for schools which make it a privilege. Money is privilege that many don’t have. This has to do with place they work at. I was born in middle class family so I dont have to to worry about having food on the table, cleaning up, having internet, new clothes to wear, etc. Not many people have that. Also, I have gotten many scholar ship offers for track that many who haven’t received because of me being better athlete then them.

I have been playing soccer since I can remember. Soccer is my like first love after my family. I was privileged enough to play soccer in high school team here. Growing up, I idolized Cristiano Ronaldo. Ronaldo and Leonel Messi pretty much entered the pros at the same time. Since then, they have been the best player the history of the sport can offer. But till this day, no one one knows who better than who since they have pretty much similar achievements. This created separation between Ronaldo and Messi fans. This lead to people hating on each other. I have gotten into arguments about this topic with my soccer teammates where I have defended Ronaldo since I was his fan. Me being Ronaldo fan will make me look at this hashtag differently because this hashtag is basically created to bash on Ronaldo fans.

Comments ( 2 )

1. Milton Isaiah Rivera
    Your research topic seems very interesting, especially since you are a soccer fan/player yourself so you will better understand the discussions within the hashtag. It's very interesting, and intense when people talk about sports so I'm sure you will get heated conversation from these people.
  2. David Ayala
    I understand where you are coming from as I too am a huge soccer fan. I think discussing a hashtag related to the one of the biggest soccer players in the world will be interesting, especially due toxic the nature of all these arguments that go on about who is better.