Response #3

“Who Are The Flat Earthers” by Richi Barua

I’d give this essay a 75% because it was well structured and contained a brief analysis of the Flat Earthers community. The author’s opinions, reactions, and assumptions were, for the most part, well incorporated. Very little grammatical error. The essay contains a few quotes from the people within the community. The topic was interesting which is why I think there could have been more information. The reason why I did not give it a higher grade is because there was not enough details and background information regarding the community such as demographics and behavior. The conclusion could have been a little bit stronger but overall it was adequate in my opinion.

Comments ( 5 )

1. Olivia Davila
    I agree with what you said. There definitely wasn't a lot of details regarding such an interesting topic.
  2. Mohammed Hossain
    I agree with you when you said the author could've added quotes from the members. This would have made the essay a little more interesting and also the topic itself is interesting
  3. Yaya Camara
    I agree with your response. I believe if the author would've added some more background information and added more details from the community, it would've made the writing very strong.
  4. Daniela Guichardo
    I agree that the author's own thoughts were well incorporated but they could have used more time to develop a stronger picture on the culture of the community.
  5. Ashley Borja
    I gave a similar grading to this essay-- I agree that the conclusion could have been better. Maybe the author should have incorporated more of how they felt as an outsider.